Setting Up PayPal
What is PayPal?
PayPal allows your customers to login to their PayPal account and place an order without having to enter their credit/debit card details
Steps for setting up PayPal
- Visit https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mpp/home and select ‘Get Started’ and ‘Business Account’
- Enter your email address and business credentials into the form displayed on screen
- Once logged in to the PayPal business account, select ‘Profile’ from the top right hand side of page. Under the ‘My business details’ section, select ‘Update’ next to the email address. Ensure that the email address is set as your primary address. Now select, ‘Confirm’. You will receive an email that will ask you to confirm your email address.
- Click the link in the email to confirm your PayPal account. You will now be redirected back to the site to set up how you wish to pay PayPal for transaction fees.
- Once you have confirmed how you wish to pay for PayPal transaction fees, go back to the main PayPal business account page and select ‘Profile’. Under the ‘My selling preferences’ section, select ‘Update’. Now click ‘Update’ next to API access and then ‘Request API Credentials’.
- Ensure the radio button next to ‘Request API Signature’ is selected. Read the PayPal terms and conditions then select ‘Agree and Submit’.
- Go to manage.yourwebshop.com and select 'Checkout - Payment Options'. Enter the Username, Password and API Certificate details into the relevant fields and publish the payment method.
- You are set up and ready to accept PayPal Payments!